Served with a crunchy coconut rim, this coconut margarita with lime juice and tequila will add tropical vibes to any margarita night time. Shaken or stirred, it’s good for any celebration of 1, two, or extra!
Why You’ll Love This Coconut Margarita Recipe
Coconut margaritas are the definition of the proper cocktail. Whether or not you like drinks on the sweeter aspect or solely want a simple pick-me-up, listed here are all of the the reason why you (and everybody else) will love this recipe:
- Prep-friendly. Whether or not you wish to be ready for last-minute cocktail cravings or predict pals over, this recipe offers you the possibility to organize issues upfront.
- Crowd-pleaser. Everybody loves margarita. Paired with a number of coconut, there’s no going incorrect with it to your subsequent gathering.
- Simple. All it’s important to do is add the substances to the cocktail shaker and shake. It’s extremely straightforward!
- Fruity. Made with coconut milk, coconut cream, lime juice, and orange liquor, this cocktail is about as fruity as margaritas get.
- Good for one. Don’t fear about having a number of leftovers. This recipe is ideal for a celebration of 1.
What Goes In A Coconut Margarita?
This coconut margarita recipe is full of tropical flavors and your favourite sorts of alcohol. Examine the recipe card on the backside of the submit for full ingredient quantities.
For the Margarita
- Coconut Milk – Ensure it’s plain, not the type with vanilla or almond flavors.
- Coconut Cream – Don’t skip it for the creamiest margarita ever.
- Lime Juice – Lemon juice is an efficient swap.
- White Tequila
- Triple Sec – Be happy to make use of your favourite orange-flavored liquor.
- Contemporary Mint – That is elective.
For the Coconut Rim
- Shredded Coconut – You get bonus factors for utilizing toasted coconut!
- Lime Wedge
What’s The Greatest Tequila for a Margarita?
You need to use any kind of tequila you want, however I discover that white/silver tequila goes finest with the sunshine flavors of coconut. Aged tequila like “reposado” or “añejo” are a lot smokier and have stronger hints of caramel, which is nice however it is going to change the flavour of the margarita barely.
Are Coconut Cream and Cream of Coconut The Identical?
No, however you will get each from the identical can of coconut milk. Keep away from shaking the can of coconut milk proper earlier than opening it. Then scoop out the thick coconut cream that’s sitting on high, which can also be thought of the coconut milk’s fats. The remainder of the can is coconut milk.
How To Make A Coconut Margarita
This straightforward coconut margarita recipe is prepared in simply 5 minutes with just a few easy steps.
- Coconut Rim: Rub the rim of your glass with a lime wedge after which press the glass into shredded coconut.
- Shaker: Add ice, coconut milk, coconut cream, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake properly, till you’re feeling the shaker develop into properly chilled.
- Pour: Fill your glass ⅔ full with ice and pressure the margarita into the glass. Serve!
Ideas for the Greatest Margarita
Coconut margarita or not, you’ll be whipping up the very best cocktails with the assistance of those straightforward suggestions:
- Sweeten it. Easy syrup, agave syrup, uncooked honey, and even sweetened coconut milk are all nice choices for including a little bit of sweetness to your margaritas.
- Add a topping. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut flakes on high of your margarita for a pleasant crunch.
- Make it frosty. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of ice to the blender. Add in all the margarita substances and mix till good and icy. Serve and luxuriate in for a frosty deal with.
- Keep away from store-bought juice. One of many secrets and techniques to an amazing margarita is all the time utilizing freshly squeezed lime juice. The bottled stuff you will get on the retailer is handy, however you’ll by no means get the identical taste from it.
Can I Make a Massive Batch of Coconut Lime Margaritas?
Completely! Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe (apart from the ice) and mix every little thing in a big pitcher. Stir it properly to mix and refrigerate it for as much as 24 hours. When able to serve, add the coconut rim to your glasses, stir once more, and serve over ice.
This coconut lime margarita is nice for margarita night time when served with straightforward snacks and appetizers. For a snack-like chew, attempt my Crispy Baked Potato Wedges or Honey Mustard Pretzels.
If you happen to’re going for an appetizer-packed dinner, then positively go for my Air Fryer Hen Taquitos or Pulled Pork Crescent Ring. Or go traditional with a trio of the very best dips: Home made Guacamole, Restaurant Type Salsa and Simple Chili con Queso!
Extra Simple Cocktail Recipes
For the Margarita
- 1.5 oz coconut milk
- 1.5 oz coconut cream
- 1 oz contemporary lime juice
- 1 ½ oz white tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 or 2 mint sprigs, elective garnish
For the Coconut Rim
- Shredded coconut
- Lime wedge
- Coconut Rim: Place your shredded coconut on a small plate. Seize your glass and moisten the rim with the lime. Place your glass the other way up into the coconut to stay the coconut onto the rim of the glass. Put aside.
- Margarita: In a cocktail shaker, add just a few ice cubes, coconut milk, coconut cream, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake for about 30 seconds, till you’re feeling the shaker develop into properly chilled.
- Fill your glass ⅔ full with ice and pressure your cocktail into the glass. Garnish with mint, lime slices, or additional coconut, as desired, and serve instantly.
Margaritas For A Crowd: Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe (apart from the ice) and mix every little thing in a big pitcher. Stir it properly to mix and refrigerate it for as much as 24 hours. When able to serve, add the coconut rim to your glasses, stir once more, and serve over ice.
Candy: These Coconut Margaritas aren’t candy, just a bit pure sweetness from the coconut cream and milk. If you happen to like your cocktails sweeter, you may add easy syrup, agave, honey and even use sweetened coconut milk. and sweetened coconut cream.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 831Whole Fats: 40gSaturated Fats: 37gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 11gSugar: 65gProtein: 5g
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.