This Dorito casserole recipe is made with layers of Doritos, floor beef, cheese, black beans, and corn and is filled with taco taste! It’s a straightforward casserole that everybody will love!
Simple Dorito Taco Casserole Recipe
I’m an enormous fan of simple, crowd-pleasing casseroles. This layered Dorito casserole suits the invoice. You’ll solely want quarter-hour of prep and a while within the oven earlier than you’re able to serve the gang a scrumptious taco-reminiscent entree that may maintain them coming again for seconds.
Consuming this Doritio casserole actually is like consuming tacos out of a pan. The Doritos give a taco-like crunch, and the taco-seasoned meat combination offers the proper punch of taste with simply the correct amount of moisture. The chips get tender sufficient to chunk into with out trouble however not so tender that they turn out to be soggy. The addition of black beans and corn spherical out this consolation meals masterpiece with a little bit of freshness. It’s a must to strive it.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a checklist of what you have to to make this flavor-packed, layered Dorito casserole. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card beneath for measurements.
- Floor beef – I like 80/20 beef however be at liberty to make use of a leaner product in the event you’d like. You would additionally simply sub in floor pork, rooster, or turkey in the event you aren’t a beef eater.
- Yellow onion
- Low sodium taco seasoning
- Water – For the taco seasoning.
- Chunky salsa – Choose gentle, medium, or spicy salsa relying in your spice tolerance.
- Bitter cream
- Cheese soup or cheese dip – I like Tostitos Dip however be at liberty to make your personal or use a distinct product. Campbells cheese soup would additionally work properly.
- Black beans – You need to use pinto beans right here as an alternative in the event you’d like.
- Corn – Canned or frozen corn will just do wonderful. If you’re utilizing canned corn, ensure to empty it earlier than including it to the combo.
- Nacho cheese Doritos – That is my favourite, however you can use a distinct Dorito. I believe the cool Ranch taste would do properly.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Feeling spicy? Strive pepper jack as an alternative.
The best way to Make a Dorito Casserole
In just some easy steps you’ll have your self a Dorito taco casserole that may maintain the entire household coming again for seconds. Right here’s a fast overview of the right way to make it. Make sure that to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown the meat. In a big pan over medium-high warmth, warmth a little bit of olive oil, add the onions, and saute till translucent. Add the meat and prepare dinner till browned. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, and salsa and stir. Prepare dinner till thickened. Take away from the warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans, and corn and stir to mix. Simmer for five minutes.
- Assemble. Unfold 1 1/2 cups crushed Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish adopted by ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with 1-1 ½ cups Doritos and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake lined for 15-20 minutes. Bake uncovered for an extra 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
This Dorito casserole is splendidly simple to throw collectively. As with every recipe, nonetheless, I’ve a few ideas and methods that may show you how to obtain the tastiest end result attainable. I even threw in a couple of enjoyable variations to attempt to make this casserole your personal.
- Drain the grease. After browning the meat with the onions, it’s essential to empty the grease from the pan in any other case you’ll find yourself with a soggy, oily casserole.
- Don’t over-crush the Doritos. Earlier than assembling the casserole, you need to crush the Doritos a bit however not an excessive amount of. If they’re crushed to too wonderful a consistency, the casserole will lose its crunch.
- Play with spice. I like this recipe as a result of you possibly can alter it to any spice tolerance degree. Love spice? Use spicy salsa. Not a lot? Strive a gentle salsa. Not a pink salsa fan? Strive salsa verde as an alternative.
- Use a distinct protein. You’ll be able to simply use floor pork, turkey, or rooster as an alternative of floor beef. Vegetarian? Strive Past Beef or Inconceivable Meat. You would even attempt to depart the meat out altogether and use veggies as an alternative. I counsel bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Strive a distinct cheese. Cheddar cheese actually hits the spot for me, however that doesn’t imply you possibly can’t play with different choices. Pepper jack could be an excellent choose in the event you’re in search of a bit pop of spice. You would even add a little bit of crumbled blue cheese to the combo in the event you’d like.
- Play with completely different Dorito flavors. There have been over 100 flavors for the reason that authentic Dorito got here on the chip scene. Strive experimenting and uncover which is your favourite addition to this casserole.
Can You Put together This Taco Casserole in Advance?
Sure and no. I counsel towards assembling and baking the casserole except you intend on consuming it inside a number of hours. The chips will get soggy as they sit. You’ll be able to, nonetheless, make the filling upfront, seal it in an hermetic container, and retailer it within the fridge till you’re able to assemble and bake. You are able to do this as much as 3 days upfront.
What to Serve with Layered Dorito Casserole
This Dorito casserole is completely scrumptious as is but it surely actually advantages from the addition of a facet dish or two to spherical it out. I even take pleasure in it with a cocktail each on occasion. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to serve this simple Dorito casserole.
The best way to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
If you end up with leftovers, enable the casserole to chill fully. Cowl the casserole dish tightly with saran wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Retailer the casserole within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Observe that the chips will get soggy over time, so it’s best to take pleasure in this layered Dorito casserole sooner fairly than later.
Extra Simple Casserole Recipes
Casseroles are an effective way to feed a crowd with minimal effort. I like this Dorito casserole however in the event you’re in search of one thing completely different, strive one among these simple casserole recipes as an alternative.
- 1 lb floor beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 bundle low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 1/2 cup cheese soup or cheese dip (I used this one)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz nacho cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a big pan over medium-high warmth and add the meat and onion. Break up the meat with a spatula and prepare dinner till the meat is browned and onions are softened. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Prepare dinner till thickened, about 5 minutes, and take away from warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans and corn. Stir properly to mix then convey to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Barely crush the Doritos and put 1 ½ cups Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish. High with ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with an extra 1 to 1 ½ cups Doritos and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and the casserole is sizzling. Take away foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, inexperienced onion or avocado, if desired, then serve.
- Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
- Energy: 468
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 1145.2 mg
- Fats: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 102.6 mg
Key phrases: dorito casserole, simple dorito casserole, dorito taco casserole, layered dorito casserole