Roasted cabbage steaks are one of the crucial scrumptious and wholesome methods to get pleasure from this (typically underrated) vegetable!
This cabbage steak recipe produces tender steaks with caramelized edges with a mildly candy taste that goes with any essential dish!
They’re easy but scrumptious and really easy to make!
Savory Cabbage Steaks
- Cabbage steaks are excellent for vegetarians, meatless Mondays, or a fast snack.
- Low in energy and excessive in fiber, cabbage pairs together with your favourite savory herbs and seasonings.
- Double the recipe and reheat in an air fryer for a week-long provide of scrumptious cabbage steaks.
- An awesome various to fried cabbage, the oven does all of the work. Simply prep and bake!
Substances & Variations
Cabbage: I take advantage of inexperienced cabbage however this recipe works with purple cabbage too. When deciding on cabbage, select full and heavy heads. You may even toss in different low-carb veggies like onions, fennel, or turnips so as to add additional taste and selection.
Oil: Olive oil is what I take advantage of since I at all times have it available. Swap it for bacon grease for a smoky style (and sprinkle with crumbled bacon when you’ve got it).
Seasonings: Customise the seasonings relying in your essential dish. Maintain it easy, or take it up a notch by sprinkling selfmade blends like ranch dressing, Italian seasoning, or lemon pepper.
Variations: Experiment with varied seasonings or toppings to create your personal cabbage steaks recipe. Sprinkle with parmesan or feta cheese or garnish with contemporary herbs. For a crispy contact, sprinkle a couple of breadcrumbs over the cabbage steaks earlier than baking.
Cook dinner Make Cabbage Steaks
Roasting greens creates layers of taste as a result of they’re cooked at a excessive temperature, and utilizing minimal fat caramelizes the surface making a pure sweetness.
- Prep cabbage and brush with oil, season with salt and pepper (or different seasoning blends).
- Roast cabbage till the perimeters are golden brown!
What to Serve with Cabbage Steaks
Naturally, cabbage steaks make a powerful aspect dish to corned beef, however they will share oven house with baked hen breasts or a excellent pot roast. Spherical out dinner with a clear, inexperienced salad with a tangy, purple wine French dressing and a straightforward selfmade strawberry mousse!
Did you make these Roasted Cabbage Steaks? Make sure to go away a score and a remark beneath!
Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Roasted cabbage is an excellent scrumptious solution to give this vegetable some star energy on the dinner desk!
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Slice throughout a head of cabbage to create ½-inch thick rounds. Brush both sides with olive oil.
Place on a rimmed baking sheet (lower rounds in half to suit on the pan if wanted). Roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
Flip and roast one other 15-20 minutes or till the cabbage is tender. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes if desired.
Drizzle with butter and serve.
- Customise the seasoning by sprinkling herbs or spices earlier than roasting.
- Alter the cooking time based mostly on the thickness of your cabbage rounds and your required stage of tenderness.
- Leftover cabbage steaks may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 71 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 41.6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.