This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Palmiers, or “palm bushes” in French, are a pleasant pastry formed like a palm leaf. With a buttery, flaky texture that’s not possible to withstand, take pleasure in one recent out of the oven and put together to be amazed.
Palmiers go by a couple of totally different names. Palm hearts, pigs ears, or elephant ears! It doesn’t matter what you name them, these heart-shaped pastries are certain to win you over. They’re additionally a breeze to make, requiring only a single sheet of puff pastry, granulated sugar, and a sprinkling of coarse sugar. Actually, is there something higher than a easy dessert?
Simply wait till you see these come out of the oven, although. They’re gentle, flaky and great, with a beautiful coating of caramelized sugar on prime. One chew and also you’ll be hooked! Palmiers: the pastries which are simple to make, however not possible to withstand.
Sure, you learn that proper. It solely takes 3 substances to whip up these flaky delights! Subsequent time you’re on the retailer, decide up a pack of refrigerated puff pastry sheets! You gained’t remorse it.
- Sheet of Puff Pastry: The star of our present! Puff pastry dough is the muse of our palmiers. Made with layers upon layers of buttery goodness, it’s what provides these treats their irresistible texture. Because it bakes, the layers puff up, creating a lightweight and ethereal pastry that virtually melts in your mouth.
- Granulated Sugar: The granulated sugar performs a vital function in reworking our palmiers into candy delights. Throughout baking, the granulated sugar caramelizes, creating a fragile and barely crunchy crust.
- Coarse Sugar: Coarse sugar provides that additional factor of texture and sparkle to the palmiers. These bigger sugar crystals don’t totally dissolve throughout baking, abandoning pockets of candy shock.
The way to Make Palmiers
I really feel like this is without doubt one of the few French pastry recipes that’s really foolproof. Actually, you may’t mess these palmier cookies up. Right here’s obtain buttery, flaky goodness:
- Preheat Oven, Put together Baking Sheets: Preheat the oven to 450 levels Fahrenheit and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add Sugar: Mud a clear floor with granulated and coarse sugar and place the puff pastry on prime. Mud with extra granulated sugar and flippantly with the coarse sugar. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough simply till the sugar is pressed into it.
- Fold: Fold all sides of the puff pastry in twice till they meet within the center. Sprinkle with extra sugar and fold in yet another time, so the 2 sides contact.
- Minimize: Use a pointy knife to chop the log into 24 slices, every about ¼ inch thick.
- Add to Baking Sheet: Place the cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
- Bake: Bake for six minutes earlier than eradicating from the oven and flipping every cookie over and baking for 4-6 minutes longer, till deeply golden brown.
- Cool and Get pleasure from: Let cool fully earlier than serving.
Ideas and Tips
These are a couple of easy methods to customise your palmiers simply to your liking. I do know you’ll love them as a lot as I do when you get a style of their flaky texture and candy, buttery taste!
- Regulate the Sweetness: Add extra sugar as wanted. These cookies might be kind of candy, in keeping with your liking.
- Add Different Flavors: For added taste, attempt mixing ½ teaspoon of floor cinnamon with the granulated sugar earlier than utilizing. You can even attempt utilizing brown sugar as a substitute of white sugar.
- Examine if Finished: Palmiers needs to be fairly darkish in colour when they’re completed baking. The sugar melts and caramelizes as they prepare dinner, so it provides the cookies that darkish brown colour with out them being burnt.
- Make Them Savory: Make your palmiers savory by swapping out the sugar for parmesan cheese, roasted garlic and butter; or pesto sauce!
Though palmiers are greatest eaten recent, you may retailer leftover cookies at room temperature in an hermetic container or wrapped in plastic wrap for 3-4 days.
Preheat the oven to 450 levels fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Mud a clear floor with granulated and coarse sugar and place the puff pastry on prime. Mud with extra granulated sugar and flippantly with the coarse sugar. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough simply till the sugar is pressed into it.
Fold all sides of the puff pastry in twice till they meet within the center. Sprinkle with extra sugar and fold in yet another time, so the 2 sides contact.
Use a pointy knife to chop the log into 24 items, every about ¼ inch thick.
Place the cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
Bake for six minutes earlier than eradicating from the oven and flipping every cookie over and baking for 4-6 minutes longer, till deeply golden brown.
Let cool fully earlier than serving.
Energy75kcal (4%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fats4g (6%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.5gMonounsaturated Fats2gSodium25mg (1%)Potassium6mgFiber0.2g (1%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A0.1IUCalcium1mgIron0.3mg (2%)
All dietary data is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.