This mango salad recipe is about to develop into your favourite summer season aspect dish! It is vibrant and refreshing, made with contemporary herbs and a zesty lime dressing.
This mango salad recipe is every part I need in a summer season aspect dish. It has a brief checklist of contemporary substances, you’ll be able to toss it collectively in 20 minutes, and it’s sooo vibrant and refreshing.
I like the number of textures and flavors on this dish. The mango is good and slippery, and while you chunk into it, it’s nearly creamy. I accent it with crisp bell peppers and purple onion, plus jalapeños for a kick of warmth. Peanuts add crunch, and a zesty lime dressing ties the entire thing collectively. Beneficiant handfuls of contemporary herbs (suppose spicy basil and cooling mint) take it all around the prime.
This mango salad recipe could be a daring various to an everyday fruit salad at a summer season gathering, but it surely’s too good to only save for particular events. Make it as a aspect dish for any weeknight dinner. You’ll love the burst of freshness it brings to your meal.
Mango Salad Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this mango salad recipe:
- Mango, after all! Any selection will work, however I particularly love yellow mangos, additionally referred to as Ataulfo mangos. They’ve a scrumptious creamy texture and tart, honey-like taste.
- Pink bell pepper and purple onion – For crunch.
- Jalapeño – For warmth.
- Contemporary basil and mint – They make this salad so aromatic, flavorful, and contemporary! Cilantro could be nice right here too.
- Toasted peanuts – For nutty richness and crunch. Don’t do peanuts? Toasted cashews could be a yummy substitute.
- Contemporary lime juice – It makes the mango salad dressing zingy and vibrant.
- Tamari or soy sauce – It provides salty, savory taste to the dressing. Be sure to make use of licensed gluten-free tamari if you happen to want this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Avocado oil – It provides the dressing physique and richness. Sub one other impartial oil if you happen to don’t hold avocado oil readily available.
- Honey – It sweetens the dressing. Agave nectar is a superb vegan sub!
- Contemporary ginger – It provides the dressing a refreshing, peppery kick.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
The right way to Reduce a Mango
I even have a information to the best way to lower a mango in its personal weblog submit, however the technique I exploit for this salad is a little bit completely different. As an alternative of utilizing diced mango right here, I lower the fruit into skinny strips that mimic the form of the peppers and purple onion.
You’ve two choices for the way to do that:
- Peel the mango first. Gently take away the pores and skin with a vegetable peeler. Then, use a pointy knife to chop the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. You’ll find yourself with two giant planks and two small planks of fruit. Rigorously lower them into skinny strips.
- Don’t peel it. Begin by reducing the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. Then place the fruit, pores and skin aspect down, in your reducing board. Rating the fruit into skinny strips, reducing right down to, however not by, the pores and skin. Slice horizontally between the fruit and the pores and skin to launch the mango strips.
Mango Salad Recipe Suggestions
- Use ripe mangos. Inexperienced mango, or unripe mango, is usually utilized in Thai mango salad and different dishes in Indian, Southeast Asian, and Thai delicacies. Whereas this recipe actually attracts inspiration from Thai mango salad, it’s not supposed to be an genuine model. This mango salad is greatest with ripe mangos. Be aware that relying on the place you reside, you won’t be capable of discover ripe mangos at your farmers market or grocery retailer. In case you can’t, choose up a pair unripe ones and depart them in your counter for a number of days. Once they’re mushy and aromatic, make this mango salad recipe!
- Alter the warmth to style. Not a fan of spicy meals? Merely omit the jalapeño! Or, if you happen to’d wish to average—however not completely eradicate—the warmth, you can use half a pepper as an alternative of an entire one. You may additionally take away the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño earlier than including it to the salad.
- Get forward. You possibly can completely make this mango salad recipe forward of time for a potluck or picnic. Simply wait so as to add the herbs and peanuts till you’re able to serve. That means, the herbs will keep lush and inexperienced and the peanuts will retain their crunch.
The right way to Serve Mango Salad
This mango salad recipe is an excellent summer season aspect dish! Pair it with…
A scoop of this mango salad would even be an important addition to a grain bowl. Pair it with black beans or grilled halloumi cheese, rice, avocado, and thinly sliced English cucumber. High it off with a drizzle of cilantro lime dressing or a squeeze of lime juice.
Take pleasure in!
Extra Contemporary Salad Recipes
In case you love this mango salad, attempt one in all these contemporary salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
This mango salad recipe is a vibrant, refreshing summer season aspect dish! Candy, juicy mango mingles with crisp purple peppers, spicy jalapeños, and contemporary herbs. A zesty lime dressing ties all of it collectively.
- 3 medium or 2 giant ripe mangos, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 purple bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into skinny strips
- ¼ medium purple onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups blended contemporary basil and mint leaves, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup chopped, toasted peanuts, reserve some for garnish
In a big bowl, toss collectively the mango, purple pepper, onion, and jalapeño.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the lime juice, avocado oil, tamari, honey, ginger, and salt.
Pour the dressing over the mango salad and toss. Add the herbs and peanuts and toss once more. Season to style, garnish with the reserved herbs and peanuts, and serve instantly.