This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my full disclosure for particulars.
Hello Daring Bakers!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE All of us love a formidable luscious dessert akin to our favourite brownies bursting with wealthy chocolate taste however made FAST ! This 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl cuts proper to the chase: with only some pantry staples, only one bowl and a few minutes, increase, the brownie of your desires is able to take pleasure in.
Making a batch of full-size brownies takes roughly an hour from gathering substances, baking, to cleansing up dishes. Comparatively, this 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl is simply as heat, contemporary, and decadent because the full-size brownies, however with a lot much less work concerned!
Desk of Contents
What’s a 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl?
The two-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl is a brownie that’s steamed within the microwave. It’s not structured like brownies which might be baked in a pan and minimize into squares—this brownie is eaten with a spoon from a bowl. It’s a deliciously sharable new model of my 1-Minute Microwave Brownie in a Mug that went viral with over 10 million views and a couple of,000-plus five-star opinions.
As an expert chef, I really like tinkering within the kitchen, however the actuality for many of us (together with me as a busy working mum!), is that we’d like recipes for scrumptious meals that’s quick and simple to organize. For all of these after-school snacks and dinners you want on the desk in minutes, I’ve 100+ Mug Cake and Mug Meal Recipes.
The two-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl takes the Brownie Mug idea and makes it Greater and Bolder. As a substitute of a single-serving, there’s sufficient to share, with an amped-up chocolate stage and an additional fudgy and moist texture.
- Microwave-safe soup bowl
2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl Key Components and Why
- A fudgy brownie batter like this one has much less flour and extra cocoa powder than a cakey brownie recipe.
- All-purpose flour has the correct quantity of protein at 11% to maintain the batter collectively with out making it too chewy.
Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder:
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder has been handled with an alkalizing agent to make it much less acidic.
- The method additionally modifies its shade–this cocoa seems to be redder–and offers it a milder style in comparison with “pure cocoa.”
- Examine forms of chocolate and cocoa in The Final Information to the Completely different Forms of Chocolate.
Granulated Sugar (aka White Sugar):
Try my Greatest Sugar Substitutes for Baking & FREE Substitutes Chart for extra choices!
Salt enhances the chocolate taste.
Entire milk or full-fat milk is my go-to alternative for baking to present brownies deeper taste and richness.
- Oil is important to present brownies a moist and fudgy texture.
- A neutral-tasting oil, like vegetable oil, gained’t overpower the chocolate like olive oil or butter would.
- You should utilize melted cooled butter or ghee as an alternative if most well-liked.
- Chocolate chips mix with the cocoa to create multi-layered chocolate taste.
- Mixing chocolate chips into the batter elevates the feel of the 2-Minute Brownie, making it fudgier.
The right way to Make a 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl
Mixing the Components
- Measure fastidiously. In a smaller-scaled recipe like this one, even a small variation in one of many ingredient quantities can throw off the combination.
- It’s important to be very cautious while you’re mixing chocolate, as a result of it could possibly separate out of your different substances. Simply wish to combine it very frivolously till a batter is shaped, after which cease mixing.
Cooking the Brownie Bowl
- The Brownie Bowl cooks in a short time, and if it’s overcooked, it will likely be dry and difficult. To be protected, verify your brownies at 90 seconds to see in the event that they’re completed. If it’s not prepared, put it again within the microwave and verify at 15-second intervals.
- The brownies are completed once they’re agency to the contact and the batter on prime doesn’t look moist.
Cooling and Serving
- Let the 2-Minute Brownie Bowl cool for a minute earlier than consuming.
- High it off with whipped cream or my straightforward No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream.
I don’t have a microwave. Can I make a 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl within the oven?
- Sure, you’ll be able to bake it in an oven-safe bowl at 350°F/180°C for roughly 12-Quarter-hour.
- Watch out to not over bake your brownies! You recognize when your brownies are completely cooked once they’re agency across the edges however they’re nonetheless gentle and JUST set to the contact within the center, not jiggling.
How do I preserve my 2-Minute Microwave Brownie Bowl from being dry?
- Make sure you measure the substances fastidiously. Even barely an excessive amount of flour may make the 2-Minute Brownie Bowl dry.
- My microwave is 1200 watts, and it took 2 minutes and 15 seconds to prepare dinner, however microwave cooking occasions differ. Examine your 2-Minute Brownie Bowl after 90 seconds.
Can I make my 2-Minute Brownie Bowl vegan?
Sure. For those who don’t drink dairy milk, you should utilize any sort of a nut milk soy milk or no matter you want.
Gemma’s Professional Chef Ideas:
- You should use Dutch-processed cocoa for the best taste. Common cocoa powder is simply too acidic for this recipe and can end in a flat, bitter, off-tasting brownie.
- The quantity of sugar appears excessive however that is what provides the brownie the dense and fudgy texture that differentiates it from a cake.
- The cooking occasions are approximate as a result of everybody’s microwave is totally different. It could take a couple of tries to get this recipe excellent. The take a look at batches are often nonetheless scrumptious!
- You’ll be able to swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate or chopped nuts in the identical quantity.
- Don’t overlook to raise your brownie bowl with my Signature Caramel Sauce made on the stovetop or Caramel sauce made within the microwave!
Don’t Miss My Different Brownie Recipes